Ten minutes with... is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they're reading right now and what's getting them through these difficult times.
World Fantasy Award winner Sheree Renée Thomas talks with Gary about old horror movies like Burnt Offerings and Trilogy of Terror as comfort viewing, the 20th anniversary of her groundbreaking Dark Matter anthology and how the SFF landscape has changed since then, the influence of Octavia E. Butler, and different kinds of music.
Books mentioned include:
- Dark Matter: A Century of Speculative Fiction from the African Diaspora by Sheree Renée Thomas ed.
- Dark Matter: Reading the Bones by Sheree Renée Thomas ed.
- Nine Bar Blues: Stories from an Ancient Future by Sheree Renée Thomas
- Freedom Farmers: Agricultural Resistance and the Black Freedom Movement by Monica M. White
- The Lark Ascending: The Music of the British Landscape by Richard King
- Silver in the Wood by Emily Tesh
- The Shadow King by Maaza Mengiste
- The Deep by Rivers Solomon
- The Blues Line: Blues Lyrics from Leadbelly to Muddy Waters by Eric Sackheim & Jonathan Shahn
- The Big Book of Modern Fantasy by Ann & Jeff VanderMeer eds.