Ten minutes with... is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they're reading right now and what's getting them through these difficult times.
Multiple World Fantasy Award winner Terri Windling joins Gary to discuss life in a rural English village, her current reading on the connections between oral storytelling and literature, old favourites like Patricia A. McKillip, Robin McKinley, Ursula Le Guin, and Graham Joyce, a new Center for the Study of Fantasy and the Fantastic at the University of Glasgow, and the Modern Fairies Project supported by the Universities of Oxford and Sheffield.
Some of Terri's work can be found at her Patreon.
Books mentioned include:
- The Wood Wife by Terri Windling
- The Moon Wife by Terri Windling (forthcoming)
- The Truth About Stories: A Native Narrative by Thomas King
- Books and Islands in Ojibwe Country: Traveling Through the Land of My Ancestors by Louise Erdrich
- The Way of Imagination by Scott Russell Sanders
- Comet Weather by Liz Williams
- The Gift by Ursula K. Le Guin
- The Limits of Enchantment by Graham Joyce
- Flyaway by Kathleen Jennings