Ten minutes with... is a special series presented by Coode Street that sees readers and booklovers from around the world talk about what they're reading right now and what's getting them through these difficult times.
Crawford Award winner Stephanie Feldman joins Gary to talk about the unexpected complexities of virtual Kindergarten; writing about young adult characters and their attraction to the unknown; the appeal of short fiction by Daphne Du Maurier, Joan Aiken, and Angela Carter; the rewards of reading nonfiction; and her recent story "The Staircase" (published in the July 2020 issue of F&SF).
Books mentioned include:
- The Angel of Losses by Stephanie Feldman
- Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland by Patrick Radden Keefe
- How to Survive a Plague: The Inside Story of How Citizens and Science Tamed AIDS by David France
- My Cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier
- Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
- The Wolves Chronicles by Joan Aiken